Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Follow The Yellow Brick Road...

Sorry I did not post after the last treatment, we actually managed an attempt at camping then I just got lazy. Last Friday Holly had her second treatment, it was fairly uneventful, the only complication was a small problem with her port. We hooked up the RV Thursday night in anticipation of Holly feeling well enough for a camping trip during the holiday weekend and she did not disappoint. Unfortunately the weather was another matter, rain, rain and more rain along with a problem with a leak in our roof caused us to call a premature end to the weekend. Holly held up very well, the fatigue hit her Sunday afternoon but she has managed to work all three days this week. Holly called me in the afternoon on Tuesday for a ride home, ran out of gas in the afternoon but has managed to get full days in working at home with a little rest along the way.

The next treatment is a nearly upon us and I think we are both getting used to the new schedule. I went a good five nights without sleep but finally managed a good night sleep. Holly had one bad night but had a good drug induced sleep the next night.

Holly's next big goal is to attempt to perform in the Sno King Community Choral presentation of Follow the Yellow Brick Road which is a compilation of music from the Wizard of Oz, The Wiz and Wicked. She is looking forward to it, I have put her on observation only restriction during the rehearsals and am counting on Kit and Abby to keep a close eye on Holly making sure she does not get worn out. Kit and Abby, you also need to make sure she remains on her stool while practicing please. :) I hope Kit can find time in her busy Munchkin filled schedule to help me out with this, even though you are playing a character small in stature I am sure you are up to large job.

John

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad that Holly is feeling 'ok' after these new treatments. Any type of normalcy is good I'm sure. John! You need to sleep!! My gosh man! You need to keep your strength up also! Thank you for update! I think of you guys all the time! :)

    ReplyDelete