Treatment number four went off without a hitch, Holly's blood work came back with such good numbers she was able to forgo taking her white blood cell boosters yet again. Part of the current treatment is a regiment of steroids designed to alleviate some of the Taxol side affects, the steroids have a list of side effects also so it is a juggling act to balance the amount steroid Holly takes. The steroid was causing some restless sleep, increased appetite and other things I don't recall. The doctor slightly decreased her steroid dose which means Holly is experiencing some muscle fatigue and muscle soreness which the steroid was preventing. All in all we seem to have achieved a nice balance that allows Holly to function at a fairly normal level.
Holly felt well enough to actually participate in her choir's final concert of the season. I had asked her to please just watch the dress rehearsal on Friday night to rest but she cheated and sang along with the choir. At the end of Friday night Holly's voice was a bit weak and she was tired. Saturday rolled around and Holly was able to bring a stool to sit on and perform in both shows. By the time Holly got home on Saturday she was wiped out and she spent most of the day recovering. Holly is still feeling the effects of the weekend today and has required a couple of rest breaks but is managing to get a full days work in.
Thanks to Holly's choir buddies for watching out for her this weekend, she loves to participate in the performances and I appreciate having people who care for her watching out for her.
John
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I'm so glad you got to particapate this weekend, if though you are still a little tired, I bet you are glad you did it! Sounds like this treatment is going well. Hey! Someone has a birthday coming up!! :)
ReplyDelete