Last week was full of up and downs. Friday's treatment and the few days following, were nasty as usual, Wednesday and Thursday morning got a little better, then Thursday night was nasty. By Saturday things got better and Holly has been on the mend since.
We had an ultrasound today to measure the tumor and decide on how to proceed. The deal is if the tumor stays the same size or gets smaller, we would start with the Taxol chemotherapy drug; if the tumor got bigger, we would go straight to surgery. Well, as you may have figured out from the title of this post, the tumor has shrunk by around 50%! This is great new! This means we get to continue with the the pre-surgery treatment which will commence one week from this Friday. The new treatment of chemo will take place every Friday and last for twelve weeks. The Oncologist says the side effects from the Taxol drug will be like having the flu for twelve weeks but hopefully the nausea will be mild. I will provide more Taxol related details as the first treatment gets closer.
This was a good birthday for me, the best present I could get is news that my wifes health is headed in the right direction!
John
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Damn John! You're last line there almost made me cry! I am so glad the results were good, you guys needed some good news. Having the damn flu for 12 weeks? Not so good but might not be as bad as they say [ hopefully ] anyway I am just happy this chemo hasn't been for nothing! Hang tough Holly! :) xxoo
ReplyDeleteGreat News! Hang in there Holly we are thinking about you and sending good thoughts your way..
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday, John! Happy Mother's Day, Holly!
ReplyDeleteThat is great news! It was neat having you in on Nate's call. Isn't technology wonderful!? We will continue rootin' and praying for you. It's a big elephant but you can eat him one day at a time.
Hi Holly,
ReplyDeleteYou are amazing! I have been reading that you are still going to work too! Wow! I will keep you in my prayers. You can do all things thru Him who gives you strength. Stay strong in the Lord. Love Carol