Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Surgery complete

Surgery is complete and Holly is in the recovery room. I had a chat with the surgeon after the surgery was completed and she said that they removed two sentinel lymph nodes, some tissue about the size of a small egg and the port. The surgery went well and there were no apparent signs of any residual cancer. The removed tissue and lymph nodes have been sent to the lab and the final pathology will be available on Friday. This is the result we were looking for so I am very pleased with the outcome. Holly is resting in recovery and I am sitting in the waiting room so I will post again when I get home this evening.

John

3 comments:

  1. So glad everything went well. Give Holly a hug for me and tell her my prayers are with her.

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad things went as you guys had hoped! And that she got to come home today, it's a great day to just sleep! Thanks for taking care of her John and for posting this update for us...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. good News indeed-thanks for letting us all know

    ReplyDelete