Friday, February 19, 2010

First appointment out of the way. Good news bad news kind of a deal. The good news is right now this is beatable; bad news is it is an aggressive form of cancer. The Oncologist said they rate the type of tumor between 1 and 3 with one being least aggressive and 3 being the most aggressive. Unfortunately he rates this one a three. On the positive side the tumor has not taken hold of anything, has not metastasized and there is no evidence of it spreading to any lymph nodes. Due to the aggressive nature of the cancer Holly will most likely need chemotherapy as a preventative treatment.

The next action is on Monday and includes MRI studies which will help the surgeon decide on a course of action. Tuesday is the big day, we meet the surgeon and decide what to do and when. According to the Oncologist it is possible that some chemotherapy may occur prior to surgery if the surgeon wants to attempt to shrink the tumor or see how it responds to the treatment.

We should defiantly have more definitive information after our meeting on Tuesday.

Thanks to everybody for your thoughts and prayers, it means a lot to Holly and me.

John

4 comments:

  1. If your hair is gone, my hair is gone

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry I cannot loose my hair, I am old, overweight and single so I need all the help I can get! LOL I will shave my legs or something though! Hang in there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loosing my hair anyhow so if Holly does I might as well finish the job! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I lost my hair already - 10 years ago! I am a survivor! It can be a royal pain in the butt, BUT it is only a pain in the butt. It is beatable!! We will keep you in our prayers. We are here for you if you want to talk or write or anything.

    ReplyDelete